· Serial entrepreneur—Founded SecondHouse, a private network of second homes. Manage Departure, a creative agency specialized in video campaigns. Launched The Voice of Global Nomads, a boutique global media company.
· Community/Program director—Conceive, design, produce, and host all kinds of gatherings.
· Business developer—Successfully acquire clients, speakers, hosts, sponsors, and members.
· Creative content producer—Produce videos, write newsletters, curate and moderate panels.
· Passionate wellbeing advocate—Certified in executive coaching, yoga, Reiki, and meditation.
· Top education—MBA Columbia Business School, BSc.(Econ) London School of Economics.
· Multi-lingual—Fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch.
Founder SecondHouse, a community-driven real estate company, New York, 2016 – Present
· Responsible for fundraising, strategy, operations, marketing, member acquisition, building out the network of homes, and event curation.
Managing Partner Departure, A Creative Agency, New York, 2015 – Present
· Responsible for new business development, client management, and executing marketing and brand strategies for clients.
Independent Business Consultant, New York, 2011 – 2015
· Short term Marketing, Branding, Strategy, Business Development, Content, Event Programming consulting projects, included leading the post-merger rebrand of a global manufacturing technology company and directing the American marketing strategy for a British coaching and leadership development company.
Program Director URBAN ZEN, Donna Karan's foundation, New York, 2010 – 2011
· Directed, produced, and hosted around 20 programs to support the Foundation’s initiatives including a conversation between Ariana Huffington and Deepak Chopra, a holiday market place for Lauren Bush’ FEED Project, a Haiti fundraiser, and a Wisdom2.0 full-day event;
· Initiated and managed relationships with like-minded partner organizations including The David Lynch Foundation, TED, The Daily Beast, The Clinton Global Initiative, Amnesty International.
· Directed media production and live-streaming of all events to create record of our gatherings.
· Liaised regularly with Donna Karan and represented the Foundation at external gatherings.
Founder & Publisher The Voice of Global Nomads, a boutique media company, New York, 2007 – 2010
· Built a subscription base of about 4,000 educated, well-travelled, globally conscious individuals.
· Produced and live-streamed over a dozen innovative and thought-provoking events in e.g. New York, Rome, Istanbul, Curaçao. Themes included human trafficking, immigration, financial crisis.
· Led global design and editorial teams that produced: videos, articles, social media, newsletters.
· Responsible for strategy, business development, marketing, and sales.
Director of Strategy Corsair Studio, a boutique creative branding agency, New York, 2005 – 2006
· Spearheaded new business development, marketing, and international collaboration initiatives.
· Acquired new clients, including a private equity firm who needed a fully integrated branding campaign for one of its portfolio companies.
· Managed existing client portfolio and grew the business with approx. 20% in two years.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Associate ABN AMRO Bank, Milan, Italy, 2000 – 2002
· Executed and advised on a broad range of cross-border M&A transactions, including the acquisition of ABN AMRO’s minority stake in Banco di Roma.
Equity Capital Markets Origination, Senior Analyst ABN AMRO Bank, Milan, Italy, 1998 – 2000
· Originated mandates, wrote prospectuses, coordinated bank syndicates, organized road shows.
Officer, ABN AMRO Bank, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1996 – 1998
· Structured insurance-backed trade finance transactions.
· Managed relationships for Scandinavian Global Clients.
· Management Trainee.
Columbia University, New York, 2002 – 2004
· MBA, Graduate School of Business
· MIA, School of International & Public Affairs (SIPA)
Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 1992 – 1995
· M.Sc., Monetary Economics, Graduated Cum Laude
London School of Economics & Political Science, London, United Kingdom, 1990 – 1992
· B.Sc. Economics, International Trade and Development, Graduated with an Upper Second Class Honors Degree
Languages: Native: Dutch. Fluent: English, Italian, and Spanish.
Residency: Dutch citizen, U.S. resident.
Interests: Yoga, surfing, skiing, hiking, running, scuba, photography.